ETW Electric Torque Wrench
Your simple solution for smart bolting
- High speed continuous rotation gets the job done faster
- Torque and angle functionality allows input of nominal torque value followed by a specific angle of rotation
- Pass/Fail LED indicator on back of tool verifies fastening has been completed according to specified input
- Control box with large seven-inch touchscreen simplifies tool operation
- Controls on back of wrench enable operator to monitor and manage the fastening process without returning to the control box
- Brightly lit three line LED display on wrench is easy to read in any environment, even in bright sunlight
- Fastening record can be viewed on-screen and transferred through standard USB connection on the control box
- Each tool is performance tested and shipped complete with a factory calibration certificate
- Lift points on wrench enable use with positioning handle or lifting device for greater handling safety
- Ground fault detector protects operator in the event of insufficient grounding
Enerpac is introducing to Australasia its brand new Electric Torque Wrench to improve bolting efficiency and performance for industries requiring high repetition and high precision such as mining and energy, infrastructure, oil and gas, power generation, petrochemical and processing plants.
The Electric Torque Wrench – in maximum torque capacities from 1625-8135Nm (1200-6000 ft-lbs) – incorporates the latest advanced smart safety and efficiency technology based on Enerpac’s 50 years of experience as an industry leader in bolting solutions and is fully backed by Enerpac’s extensive service and distribution network throughout Australasia and New Zealand to facilitate optimum reliability and safety compliance.
The Electric Torque Wrench complements Enerpac’s Pneumatic Torque Wrench and comprehensive range of hydraulic torque wrenches and bolting tools, which is highly valuable to companies seeking time-saving choice, consistency of quality and traceability of outcomes.
Advances incorporated into the design of the Electric Torque Wrench include a large seven-inch touchscreen on the control box as well as a bright 3-line LED display on the back of the tool, so that it can be read easily, even in bright sunlight.
The control box is designed to simplify complex jobs through the creation of automatic presets. In addition, fastening records can be viewed on-screen and transferred through a standard USB connection.
“The new Electric Torque Wrench is highly versatile,” says Enerpac Bolting Product Manager, Mr Andrew Marsh. “We have a full range of sockets and extensions to suit different applications, and can even supply non-standard versions on request to suit special applications,” he said.
Enerpac’s Electric Torque Wrench with its control box, featuring a 7 inch touch screen for added simplicity
“The LED display on the back of the tool is excellent for minimising downtime,” says Mr Marsh. “It has pass/fail indicators, increase/decrease selection buttons for torque, direction turn selection and indicators – so the user can monitor and manage the fastening process without returning to the control box.”
“Efficiency and reliability are key considerations with this new tool. Each tool is performance tested and shipped with a factory calibration certificate to optimise torque accuracy and repeatability and to facilitate traceability and safety compliance. Enerpac also provides free training sessions on how to safely and effectively use the new tool,” says Mr Marsh.
The Electric Torque Wrench has a high speed continuous rotation, which allows it to perform the job faster than manual methods. It is built with a low friction planetary gearbox to minimise wear and extend uptime. The user can input a nominal torque value followed by a specific angle of rotation, allowing for functionality, efficiency and ease-of-use.